Pages

Sunday 1 August 2010

Shamelessly airing YOUR dirty laundry?


Big Brother is watching you!

Oh my gosh, Big Brother 11 has started and whilst I've never really watched it before I've really gotten into this final series (UK, shown everyday at 10pm on Channel 4).

I guess various things have gotten in the way of watching it. Like bedtimes (I was 10 when the show started) and boredom (some of the series were just rubbish). But the unlikely characters on this years show are all a barrel of laughs and seemed to have kicked the show off nicely.

There's a vegan, medical student, a monk, an ex-HM Forces bloke, a squatter (who it turns out I quite like) and a mole (who isn't really a mole anymore!)

I just love how the show isn't even a "social experiment" anymore. It's just pure entertainment, though some would disagree I'm sure. Being able to watch people who seem to forget they're on camera has really turned out to be quite interesting. The dynamics of the group shift but already, just 6 days into the show, these strangers have settled into friendship groups and those groups are, noticeably, becoming closed off to others.

I also found it pretty interesting that Sunshine, yes, she's called herself Sunshine (the vegan, medical student) seems to be behind most of the drama. She seemed compelled to out Mario (bless his little soul) as the mole but claimed she didn't want him to be evicted. If she was unsure of what outing him would do then why was she so adamant to push the blame onto someone?

Following the same thread, when the house mates were asked to name the mole and told the correctly identified mole (Mario) would be evicted, nearly EVERYONE voted for Sunshine...wonder why that is?!
I guess being a psychology student might have something to do with why this is so interesting to me. Maybe it's down to entertainment alone but it's made me think about how I appear to other people. And how people can act up for a camera!

What do you guys think? Are these people just acting this way because there's a camera there? Is Big Brother just a pile of rubbish or can it be interesting sometimes? Would you allow a television station to air YOUR dirty laundry?

Have your say on the blog, twitter or email me!

xxx Love to all, Aria

Email: ariaangelica@rocketmail.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/AriaAngelica

No comments:

Post a Comment