Pages

Sunday 1 August 2010

I'm starting an Art Journal!

I got the idea from the wonderful, the astounding Effy of Wild.Precious the blog and effyswild, the youtube channel. She is also known to many as Feithline of The Dark side of Fey and Spiritscast the podcasts :). She's a total inspiration to me. She's strong, hopeful and a million of other wonderful things.

From her blogs I decided it might do me some good to get into art journalling. I feel like I've been through a lot and getting everything out in a sort of creative way could really benefit me. I realised when I designed some pasties for my little burlesque project (hopefully I'll be able to sell them!) that I still have creative flare. It never left me, I just didn't bring it out.

It's strange doing this thing for myself. It feels quite silly but I know that it can help me so really, I need a different attitude. I need to not worry what people who see it will think. It's not for them to talk about. It's my special journal and my special journey.


The first entry :)

I knew I couldn't just jump into this without knowing ANYTHING! So through Effy's blog and stuff I found Soul Journaling. It has a step by step guide to starting an art journal and it's fantastic.

I took some pages from an encyclopaedia. In fact, the pages I picked had my favourite things on :) You can see them outlined in red, things like "The wonderful wizard of Oz", "library" and "psychology". Then I stained them with tea, dried them and ripped them up a bit. Then pasted them into my journal and wrote on them.

It was fun, a bit messy and just plain...proactive hehe!
What do you all think of art journalling?
Tweet me, email me or comment below!

xxx Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment