Pages

Sunday 1 August 2010

An Actual Pagan Post: Putting Pen to Paper

Ok, so most of y'all will know that I'm a student at university. I live with 4 other girls and this makes practising my craft kinda tricky. I'm firmly in the closet and that's just fine with me. I'm not really bothered because I've always practised by myself but at home (with my parents) I can be myself.

My room is FULL of books on witchcraft. In fact, I counted them last week thinking I had 8 or 9 and I actually have 32. 32 books on paganism. How crazy is that?! I also have 2 shelves in my room dedicated to my herbs, tools and general witchy what-not. I make witchy stuff in the kitchen, hang bits and pieces around the house and regularly have bonfires and light incense in our garden. My parents are fine with that.

Now to come to my way of dealing with this sudden inability to practice my craft. It's as simple as grabbing some coloured pens and a notebook...because that's what I do!!

I wanted to light a candle to aid those involved in a terrible shooting here in the UK. So using a red, orange and purple pen I drew a candle with a flame and wrote a little something on the candle. I popped it on my window sill so the sun could dawn on it and hey presto! I did a little bit of magic.

That's all you need to do. Draw a picture, write a little something and infuse it with your wishes and desires.
Oh my gosh, it was so nice and so liberating to be able to do something witchy after being unable to for soooooo long.
So readers, how do you deal with not doing witchy stuff for a while?

Let me know,
xxx Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment