Pages

Sunday 1 August 2010

Seeing out Sunday evening

Ah this is certainly the life. Reclining in the living room, watching House (J'adore Hugh Laurie!), nomming on some chocolates that the darling OH gave me. I love Easter for the chocolate I get hehe!! Some Lindt Lindor truffles. If you ever fancy a decent chocolate then that's the one you should have!

Ooo! A cup of tea has also materialised at my elbow. I love it! I said I'd have a little blog sesh before a left and seeing as I have to get leave my house at half past 6 (eep!) I figured now would be best :)

So, an interesting question came to me today. I was asked why I'm a pagan but not a vegetarian. As if the two were interchangeable... Needless to say I was kind of confused. The questioner seemed to think that being a pagan was synonymous with vegetarianism, tree-huggerness and general earthly do-goodery. Now, I recycle, drive as little as possible, eat ethically sourced produce. I do what I can to help the planet. Hell I even bitch at people close to me to follow suit but does eating meat make me a bad pagan? No.

I'm not gonna bang on about why I stopped being a vegetarian about 3 years ago but it had something to do with not wanting to be grouped with hypocrites. I don't see why my personal dietary choices should have anything to do with my path. In fact for certain periods of time there are things I don't it (mainly beans, fish and pork) but that's for cleanliness and nothing more. It's not a choice spurred by morals.

Some feel that it is immoral to eat meat. That, because we have the choice, we should leave the animals be. Granted, I can see the advantages of not eating meat. But there are disadvantages too.
I guess the question I've come out of this asking is...Do moral choices about mundane, unrelated events affect my personal pagan path?

I'll think about that on the plane!!
Love and light to you all
xxx Aria (bigs hugs and kisses!)

No comments:

Post a Comment