Pages

Sunday 1 August 2010

Jane Austen and My Drama

I absolutely adore Jane Austen. I adore it even more when about a million of my favourite period drama actors come together to create an adaptation of one of her books. The book in question; Sense and Sensibility.

I'm reading it now in fact and I'm at the part where Willoughby, the utter scoundrel, has just smushed dear Marianne Dashwoods heart into pieces. It certainly makes for heart-wrenching reading.

So I was sat reading and it occurred to me that I use books as a way of escaping. I'm one of those readers who becomes the character, in this case I feel more like Marianne than Elinor (though Elinor Dashwood is, by far, my favourite). I am the broken-hearted, misled daughter of a widow. I feel as she does and it always feels so magical.

But what would I need to escape from? I mean, I'm a young soul studying my chosen subject at a good university. I have lovely friends and a lovely family...oh wait. Better take the family out of that equation.

I, dear readers, did something I was very proud of 3 days ago. I stood up to my mother. I told her to stop being selfish and to stop telling me I'm selfish and guess what? She's done so. What I had to say finally sunk in. so VICTORY!!

More later because I am completely shattered!
Love you all soooooo much xxx Aria Angelica

No comments:

Post a Comment