Pages

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Nourishing Your Soul Challenge: Day 1

Sun Cards!!
It's Solstice time again and I have a happy tradition of creating Sun/Moon cards on the Winter/Summer solstices!
So today I am making Sun cards to welcome in the increasing hours of wonderful sunlight.

Now for the soul nourishing part! On the back of each card I write a wish for the next 6 months. I ask for all sorts of wonderful from the universe for myself and the ones close. I can cast off previous goals and embrace new ones that might need to be brought to the surface. I guess it's like having a new years resolution but ever 6 months.
One of my ways of coping is to plan ahead so if I can set goals for myself everyday, week, month and 6 months then I find I can focus myself a lot easier!

So to make the cards for the Winter Solstice you need:

  • A few sheets of yellow card
  • Scissors
  • A mug
  • A black sharpie
  • Little arty bits like glitter, glue, sequins, string and tissue paper
  • A long string of ribbon
Cut some large circles out using your cards by placing the mug on the card and drawing around it. You can cut out as many as you like! Then write your wish, desire or goal onto one side. Punch a little hole in the top. Decorate the other side of the cards as much as you like! I'm pulling out some white tissue paper and a couple of felt tip pens. Then string the cards onto your ribbon and hang them up!
One rule with the cards is that you can't look at the wishes again until the next Solstice!!! You've put your intentions out into the world they're out there! Let them be.

Let the magic work!

My soul will feel a little nourished by the time I'm done! I hope you guys give this ago. Let me know how it made you feel. Did you enjoy getting a bit messy?

Lots of love,
Aria xxx

P.S. Look out for pictures tomorrow!
P.P.S.
Strike that! Here's pictures!!



1 comment:

  1. hey aria!
    i thought i'd visit your blog and reply here, i hope that's okay!
    thank you so much for your comment, it really means a lot to me. to know someone actually cares enough to comment, its a lovely feeling :)

    i don't know how to reply, if im entirely honest. i feel like you've said it all. as though you've seen into my head and know exactly what im thinking or going through. im so sorry for your struggle with your weight, but you have to know; there is always a way out. there is always a way to get through a weight problem or depression (and i don't mean suicide). there's always people willing to help, you just need to find them.

    i know that sounds so hypocritical, and it is. i just feel like for me, i've missed the boat. three years i've had an eating disorder. i can't just "stop" hearing the voice. i can try not to listen, but soon enough, i need to hear it. i hope that one day, i will recover and be able to live a healthy, happy life, but that day is not today.

    much love,
    Emma <3
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete